Wells in Somerset
Wells is considered as the smallest city in England, located in Mendip (Somerset). Wells is surrounded by many smaller towns (e.g. Wedmore, Glastonbury, Shepton Mallet) and bigger cities (e.g. Bridgwater, Bristol, Yeovil, Bath). From Wells, it will take app. three hours to reach London, and up to 2 hours and forty minutes to reach Gatwick or Heathrow airports. Because Bristol airport is the closest in the area, many tourists prefer to travel from Bristol to chosen airports in London (Gatwick, Heathrow, Stansted, Luton, Southend) instead of overcoming the two hours journey by taxi or minicabs. If you though decide to get a taxi, please bear in mind that long-term journeys from Wells may have to be prebooked.
Wells Cathedral brings hundreds of visitors every month. If you decide to stay in Wells overnight, think of some recommended locations to have the rest in. I have googled out some hotels which broadly advertise their services. Those who are also interested in breakfast should make sure that the hotel they stay in has breakfast facilities. If you plan to stay longer and in need for a full board, inquire to the hotel itself – for your convenience I tried to find out which restaurants show up most, and below you will find a list of these.
Please bear in mind that my searches are based exclusively on the feedbacks of others and do not carry any personal attachments. Personally, I did not visit any of the hereunder mentioned hotels/ restaurants and I leave it to your own justification what these are really like. Please share your experience after visiting these; your feedback is precious to those who need some quality accommodation.
Hotels in Wells (Somerset)
- White Hart Hotel Sadler Street, Wells, Somerset BA5 2RR, United Kingdom
- Ancient Gate House Hotel and Rugantino Restaurant 20 Sadler Street, Wells, Somerset BA5 2SE, United Kingdom
- The Crown at Wells and Anton’s Bistrot 8-10 Market Place Wells, Wells BA5, United Kingdom
- The Wookey Hole Inn High Street, Wookey Hole, Somerset BA5 1BP, United Kingdom
- Beryl Top of Hawkers Lane, Wells, Somerset BA5 3JP, United Kingdom
Restaurants in Wells (Somerset)
- Goodfellows 5-5B Sadler Street, City Centre, Wells BA5 2RR, United Kingdom
- Ask Restaurants Town Hall, Market Pl, Wells, Somerset BA5 2RB, United Kingdom
- Cafe Piano 9, Heritage Courtyard, Sadler Street, Wells, Somerset BA5 2RR, United Kingdom
- The Ancient Gatehouse 20 Sadler Street, Wells, Somerset County BA5 2SE, United Kingdom
- BEAH Union Street, Wells, Somerset BA5 2PU, United Kingdom